College Credit Voucher Program (CV)

Eligible state bargaining unit employees may apply for a voucher for college courses offered at any two year or four year institution that is licensed by the State of Ohio and approved by the Ohio Board of Regents. This includes:

  • Four-Year Public Universities and Medical Schools
  • Two-Year Public University Branch Campuses
  • Two-Year Public and Technical Colleges
  • Independent Colleges and Universities
  • Diploma Schools of Nursing


The voucher can be used to pay for tuition and mandatory instructional fees for college-credit courses.

Click here to see if your school or institution may be eligible for a UET voucher. CV vouchers may only be issued for the schools listed here.

Voucher Program Tips

Going back to school is an exciting and rewarding experience. If you are going back to take a course, it may be easier than you think to enroll. Most schools have special continuing education programs that do not require students to meet regular admission standards. Below are some tips to help you use CIP to achieve your education and career goals.

1. Seek academic advice from the school you wish to attend. Many schools have specific requirements you must meet before you enroll in a course. Contact your school and schedule an appointment with an academic adviser.

2. Notify the Union Education Trust office if you lose your voucher or wish to cancel or change your voucher. Call the toll-free number, 1-866-436-7900.

3. Present your voucher to the school you attend to pay for tuition, lab, computer, and technology fees. Books, parking, transportation, and other fees are your responsibility.

It is your responsibility to pay any cost charged by the school that exceeds the funds available in your tuition account. You have $5,000 per fiscal year in your tuition account. If the amount charged by the school exceeds the voucher for tuition and mandatory instructional fees and you have funds available in your tuition account, the UET office may pay the school for your tuition, lab fees, and computer technology actual cost.

4. Check with your payroll office to ensure that it has your current address. Vouchers will be mailed to the address on file in your payroll office.

5. For help with registration, contact the program representative at the voucher school you wish to attend. The program representative will guide you through the registration process and help you adjust to the school's procedures.

6. Take advantage of the online information on UET's Website. Complete information about schools and courses can be found there. You can apply online for many Programs.

7. The UET staff is prepared to help you with answers to any questions you may have about CIP. Call them at 1-866-436-7900 or send an e-mail message to

College Credit Voucher Program Application

  • Apply online for a CV Voucher. You can login to your MyUET account via the username and password fields in the header.
  • Download a printable version of the CV Application (Adobe Acrobat .PDF format)